Friday 26 October 2012

lazy weekend LA style...

As the title suggests, this weekend was a lazy one. Husband had a really long work-week, and we've travelled a whole lot the last few weeks. Saturday we went to the local mall. The local mall is just a boring, bog-standard mall. I love it because it makes me feel like a local. There is not a tourist in sight. We wandered around and bought a few things and I obsessed over the doggies the local shelter brings to a shop in the centre. We're not allowed a dog according to our landlord, but I want one rather desperately. I fell in love with an 8-year-old Australian Cattledog called Murphy. Unfortunately I had to leave him there. Horrible.

I finally drove on the road. It was terrifying and a bit exciting and I only ran through one stop sign, which I'm taking as a victory. Husband is actually a very good teacher. I'm trying to be a good student, even though I want to have a big strop when he criticises me, since he's actually trying to ensure I don't kill us both. I probably won't, but only time will tell...

We also discovered something of an LA institution- the Farmer's Market at The Grove. It's been running since 1934, so we're hardly the first people to go, but I had the best brazillian BBQ, wandered around the petting zoo and cow lasso-ing areas set up for their fall festival and watched a rather terrifying scarecrow try to convince people to enter the pie eating contest. It's probably best to let the people of the LA County Fair explain why events like this are important in this city... 

Personally I think the slur on Blondes in the uploader's title is a little unfair. Brunettes in LA can also be this... rurally challenged.

There are, alas, no pictures of this since I left the memory card of our camera IN my computer, but we had a gorgeous afternoon. The weather was starting to cool a bit, so being outside was pleasant. Not to worry though, temperature's to be back up in the 30s for this weekend...




No comments:

Post a Comment

want to disagree? tell me I'm marvellous? Go 'write' ahead...